For a better experience please change your browser to CHROME, FIREFOX, OPERA or Internet Explorer.
Last updated 14/03/2019
Link to Terms & Conditions of Use
Forbidden items to advertise on our platform
Basically, anything illegal is not allowed. However, there are some items which, while legal to sell, buy or own, are not permitted to be sold on this site.
- Airsoft guns/ammunition.
- Animals and unauthorised / illegal wildlife products with the exception of livestock (cattle, sheep, goats, pigs and poultry only).
- Beer Kegs and beer taps, coolers etc. These remain the property of the brewers
- Calor Gas cylinders.
- Cigarette or nicotine replacements.
- Diet pills and gels.
- Offers to provide financial services or loans of any kind even if you represent financial institution or Bank. If you’re official institution registered to trade and provide that services in Malta and you want to advertise on our platform, please Contact us.
- Digital currency trading is prohibited.
- Domain names. Because of the legal complexities regarding the sale of domain names and the potential for trademark or copyright infringement, the sale of Internet domain names is prohibited. Please use Sedo instead.
- Firearms, ammunition, fireworks, explosives and hazardous materials. Ads-Malta.com does not permit the listing of projectile and concussive weapons that employ gunpowder or explosives. Basically anything that is considered a weapon is prohibited. Replica firearms and Air Rifles are prohibited. Toys that fire rubber pellets or foam darts are permitted.
- Daggers, hunting knives and pocket knives, swords
- Prong or choke collars.
- Police speed meter detectors.
- Golden numbers for mobile phones. It is against the T&C’s of the mobile service providers to sell these
- Hate materials.
- ID cards of any kind(Government IDs, college IDs, birth certificates, etc)
- Illegal drugs and paraphernalia.
- Illegal items. Items sold on Ads-Malta.com must adhere to all applicable laws. This includes the sale of items by individuals outside Malta and the EU. Some items that may not be sold include: Stocks and securities, lottery tickets, illicit drugs, prescriptive devices and drugs, lock-picking devices, smart cards, and any product which may lead to the production of an illegal item or illegal activity.
- IMEI blocked Phones
- Internet Service Provider Equipment. Some equipment supplied to you from an internet service provider (ISP) remains the ISP’s property and must be returned to them on termination of a contract.
- Items that infringe upon an individual’s privacy. We hold personal privacy in the highest regard. Therefore, items that infringe upon, or have potential to infringe upon, an individual’s privacy are prohibited. Additionally, the sale of marketing lists (bulk e-mail lists, direct-mail marketing lists, etc.) is prohibited.
- Laser pointers > 5mW no greater than Class IIIa. Please read the Classification System and safety info .
- Methylated spirits
- Metal detectors
- Offensive material. We reserve the right to determine the appropriateness of listings posted on Ads-Malta.com. Also, be aware of cultural differences and sensitivities. Some items may be acceptable to some people, but unacceptable to others. Please be careful to post items that are appropriate for our global community.
- Order of Malta uniforms . They are a charitable organisation and only rent out the uniforms to their members. These can’t be sold.
- Pirated software. Only full retail versions of software may be sold through adverts.ie. Software that has been copied or duplicated in any format is prohibited. Additionally, academic, NFR (Not for Resale) software, back-up, fulfillment, promotional, beta (pre-release), unauthorised freeware/shareware, and “soft-lifted” software versions are prohibited. OEM software must be sold with the hardware with which it was sold, or in accordance with the terms the OEM software is sold with. Anyone who knowingly buys or sells pirated software through adverts.ie will be permanently banned.
- Pirated video games. Video games sold through Ads-Malta.com must be full retail versions. Recopied and transferred video games are prohibited. Silver disks, video game emulators, Sega boot-disks, game enhancers, unauthorised video game compilations, and accessories are also prohibited.
- Pornography / erotic items/material.
- Prescription drugs and medical devices. Please note that the Medicinal Products (Prescription and Control of Supply) Regulations expressly prohibit the supply of any medicinal product, no matter which category it’s in, by mail order. Furthermore, the Regulations define mail order so as to include the use of electronic means to transmit an order. Even a pharmacy or a pharmacist can’t sell through the internet in this country.
- Promotional media. Movies, CD’s, software, books (including advance reading copies and uncorrected proofs), etc., that are produced and distributed for promotional use only are prohibited for sale through this site.
- Raffles. Items listed for raffle will be removed
- Recopied / Pirated media. Just as you cannot sell a photocopied book without the author’s permission, you cannot sell copies or duplicates of videos, movies, music, video games, software, photos, etc. Likewise, you cannot sell transferred media – whether laser disc to video, CD-ROM to cassette tape, or from the Internet to any digital format – unless explicitly approved by the author. Unauthorised recordings are prohibited.
- Recreational substances such as, but not limited to “Poppers” etc
- Replicas of trademarked items.
- Sectarian or ethnic offensive materials are prohibited.
- Second hand underwear. (excluding bras)
- Stolen goods. If we learn that an item listed in on the boards is not the property of the Seller, or was obtained through illegal means, we will lock the thread and delete any inappropriate information. We may also pass on any appropriate information to the proper authorities.
- Television programs. Copies of television programs, including pay-per-view events, are prohibited. Commercially produced and licensed copies of television programs are permitted. Unauthorized television programs and programs never broadcast, unauthorised scripts, unauthorised props, and screeners are prohibited.
- Tobacco, wine and other alcoholic beverages. Select shops can sell alcoholic beverages & electronic cigarettes – to be determined on a case by case basis.
Used safety equipment
Any adverts found containing any of the above will be removed and the seller will face a warning / ban.
This is not a comprehensive list (and due to the nature of the site, we will never be able to have a comprehensive list). It should be a guide as to what is or is not permitted. The Adverts Moderators and Administrators have the final say on what items are permitted.We reserve the right to edit or delete ads from our site at anytime and without prior notice.